How We Pick The Best Video Poker Casinos
Bonuses and Promotions
First time customers receive a bonus code to play video poker at a casino site once they sign up. Regular video poker players cash in on comps, special bonuses and cashback. So, there’s a lot to look forward to.
Security and Trustworthiness
The top video poker casinos protects your private information with SSL encryption software. Long story short, they allow you to play video poker for real money with peace of mind.
Video Poker Variety
The online video poker casino sites we work with have a variety of video poker games. Some of the video poker games they list are Aces and Faces, Jacks or Better and Deuces Wild. We also give you a brief overview variety of each.
Mobile Casino Video Poker
Our best online casino sites have a mobile casino where players can play video poker on their mobile phones. All their video poker games load seamlessly on mobile phones.
Banking Withdrawing Your Money
Nothing beats the feeling when you had a big video poker win, not so? Video poker casino sites allows you to cash out your money fast through various payment methods.
The top online video poker casinos accept plenty of deposit and withdrawal options. The best videopoker cash out methods are Visa, MasterCard, Bitcoin, E-wallets, Bank Wire, Checks, and Paysafecard.
Popular Video Poker Casino Variations
Jacks or Better
The most popular video poker online variant is Jacks or Better, or Draw Poker. It’s a fun variation of video poker you can play online for free. Payouts ensue when the player has Jacks or Better. A full house pays 9x your stake and a flush 6x.
Another popular version of video-poker is Deuces Wild and it uses a deck of 52 cards. The interesting thing about Deuces Wild is that it has two wilds in the deck.
The wilds substitute the other cards in the deck. For example, if you have pair of Jacks and the third card is a deuce (wild) it counts as an extra Jack.
Aces and Faces
The majority of the video poker variants center around Jacks or Better and Deuces Wild. Aces and Faces is similar. What distinguishes Aces & Faces from other video poker variants is that the bonus payouts on four of a kind hands. The bonus payouts kick in on four of kind hands of Aces or Face Cards.
Jokers Wild is a hybrid of Jacks or Better and Deuces Wild. The payback percentage of Jokers Wild rivals that of Jacks or Better and Deuces Wild.
The optimal decision making of Jokers Wild deviates slightly from the previous two video pokers. However, it’s popular with sharp video online poker players and beginners.
How To Play Free Video Poker Online
Once you picked a video poker game you like and you understand its rules – it’s time to play.
Find A Reputable Online Casino
The first step is to find an online casino to play video poker for free or for real money. Sign up at the video poker casino and make a deposit.
Choose Your Video Poker Game
There are hundreds of video poker variants online. Moreover, online casinos only list the most important video poker variants.
Pick the video poker variant you like, open up the paytable and study its rules. You can play video poker for real money or for practice free online.
Keep The Right Cards
We recommend that you always bet the max 5 credits when you play video poker. Click on ‘Draw’. The video poker slot machine deals you 5 cards.
If you play Jacks or Better keep the best cards and discard the rest. Always choose the best possible hand according to the poker hand ranking.
Casino Video Poker Important Terms
Video poker is an easy casino game online to master. But, when you play video poker for free online you must understand the basic terms or terminology. If you do it will help you become a better video slots poker player.
- Action: Refers to the amount of real money you bet on video poker during a session.
- Credits: It’s the amount of money you have available to play video poker for real money. Always bet the max 5 credits when you play video online poker.
- Discard: Once the video poker slot machine dealt your hand; you can keep or discard the cards you don’t want.
- Draw: If you’re ready to play video poker click or press on draw. The video poker machine will deal you 5 cards.
- Hold: Once the machine in video poker online deals you 5 cards you hold the cards you like.
- Face Card: A face card can be a King, Jack, or Queen.
- House Edge: Compared to online slot machines video poker has one of the smallest house edges. Some video poker variants have house edges 2% or less. Which is phenomenal which makes video poker one of the best casino games to play.
- Straight: If you’re playing Jacks or Better and you’re waiting for an Ace.
- Multi-hand: Online casinos offer multi-hand video poker varieties where you can play more than one hand at a time.
- Pay Table: All the info you need about the hand is in the paytable.
- Pat Hand: If the video poker dealt you a hand that no card will improve. We call it a Pat Hand.
- Payout Percentage: This is the expected return the video poker machine pays back over a certain amount of hands. If the payout percentage is 98%. Technically speaking you’ll get back $98 for every $100 you spend.
Video Poker Hand Ranking
Everything in online video poker boils down to the poker hand ranking. So, if you want to be good at playing video poker make sure you know video poker hand ranking by heart.
In this section we explain to you the different hand rankings in video poker and their odds.
- High Card – A high card is single high card in your hand. It can be a Jack or an Ace.
- Pair – Can be a pair of 10’s, or a pair of 8s.
- Two Pair – When the video poker machine deals you a pair of eights and a pair of Jacks. (8,8), (J,J)
- Trips – When you have three of a kind, it can be three 7’s.
- Straight – 10, J, Q, K, A
- Flush – Can be 5 cards of the same suite. It can be 5 hearts, clubs, etc.
- Full House – 3,3,3, Q, Q
- Four of a Kind – The highest four of a kind in video poker is A, A, A, A (penalties).
- Straight Flush – Is when the video poker machine deals you a straight with the same suit. For example, 7, 8, 9, 10, J.
- Royal Flush – The most valuable hand in video poker is the Royal Flush. The cards are from 10, J, Q, K, A of hearts, clubs, spades, or diamonds.
Expert Winning Video Poker Tips
The best way to master video poker online is to play it for free. As the old saying goes practice makes perfect. Make sure you know poker hand ranking and the most popular video poker terms.
Study the Paytable to see how much a Royal Flush pays, or any other hand for that matter. Where possible accept the casino’s bonus to play video poker online for real money. Moreover, always bet the max 5 credits and make sure you hold the right cards.