We compiled a list of the best online casinos for players from the UK. Before we take a casino on-board we look at the size of its game library, are progressive jackpot wins paid in full (not in installments), are the games compatible with mobile phones (Androids, iOS, tablets), are the terms and conditions attached to the bonuses player-friendly, does it have a live dealer casino, has it been blacklisted and more importantly Gambling Commission (UKGC).
Our top listed UK casinos allows you to deposit and play in British Pounds, their 24/7 player support handles queries through live chat, email or toll-free phone numbers. If you have a query that pertains to a bonus, game, banking or comp, drop them a short message on their in-built chat application or send them an email. (This section here covers the best casino bonuses.)
Best UK Online Casinos For 2018
UK Online Casino List
✅ The size of its game library. The more games it offers from different software houses the better.
✅ Are progressive jackpot wins paid in full (not in installments)?
✅ Are the games compatible with mobile phones (Androids, iOS, tablets)?
✅ Are the terms and conditions attached to the bonuses player-friendly?
✅ Does it offer comps and a VIP rewards program to loyal players?
✅ Is there a live dealer casino?
✅ Has it been blacklisted at forums such as GPWA, Casinomeister or Affiliate Guard Dog? And more importantly, is the operator licensed by the British Gambling Commission (UKGC)?
What To Look For In A UK Casino?
1) Before you deposit, do a quick Google search or visit top gambling forums like Casinomeister.com or Affiliate Guard Dog to see if the casino uses legitimate software and if it has any player complaints.
2) Pay special attention to the operator’s sign on bonus packages, VIP rewards and promotions. The bonus wagering (WR) attached to each bonus must be at least 30x, anything above this is steep and should be avoided.
3) Only play at the casino if it allows you to deposit and withdraw your money in British Pounds.
Why Is The UK’s Online Gambling Market Unique?
John D. Rockefeller Junior said:”The success of each is dependent upon the success of each other”. This quote currently underpins the UK gaming market.
Great Britain is the world’s premier online gaming market. The British Gambling Commission compels its licensed casinos to operate at the highest standard by ensuring that they don’t exploit players with excessive bonuses terms, ambiguous advertising or pirated software. Research points out that more than 45% of a casino’s customer base accepts a bonus be it a sign on bonus, reload or an exclusive bonus.
Is it legal To Play At A Licensed UK Online Casino?
Yes it is. Gambling in the UK be it online or offline is legal as long as it carries a valid license. Unlicensed operators will incur hefty fines and their licenses will be revoked.
The Games Must Be Compatible With Smartphones
The mobile casino market has grown significantly the past few years and from here on end it is only going to get bigger. By the end of 2018 the total amount of bets that will be made from mobile devices will hit the £100 billion mark. The games offered by mobile casinos can now be played on Androids, iPhones, tablets, Samsung Galaxy S9, even virtual reality casinos is part of the mix now.
Gambling Advertising and Licensing Act of 2014
In a bid to regulate online gambling in the country, the UK Gambling Commission instated the Gambling Licensing and Advertising Act on the 1st November 2014. The aim of the act is to regulate operators that advertise or market their products to the British consumer.
The law states the following:
- Casinos including offshore gaming sites that wish to operate in the UK must be licensed by the British Gambling Commission.
- Operators based in or outside the UK must pay a gambling tax of 15% on all profits (Point of Consumption Tax).
- The Gambling Licensing and Advertising Act of 2015 must keep pace with the latest developments within the UK’s burgeoning market.
- Operators must work with legitimate iGaming vendors whose software is vetted by the UKGC. This allows players to play within a safe and secure environment.
- Operators that accept UK punters must dedicate a page to Responsible Gambling that includes a self-exclude option, deposit and session limits.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
The Gambling and Licensing Act stipulates that operators must update their software regularly, this ensures that all client information stays safe at all times and that the games are random.
The loyalty program is divided into different layers or tiers, each tier has its own rewards. Perks to high rollers can be anything from cash back on losses, faster withdrawals, exclusive bonuses, a dedicated VIP manager, comps on selected games and invitations to special sporting or celebrity events.
Make sure you sign up for the casino’s email newsletter. It keeps you posted with regard to its newest game releases and forthcoming promotions.
Problem gamblers can self-exclude themselves from the casino be it for a few days, weeks, months or permanent. Before you self-exclude, withdraw all your funds from your account because once the self-exclusion is active you won’t be able to withdraw it until the period expired.