|Game Type:||Video slot|
|Whats hot:||Whats not so hot:|
|Based on the Hollywood film RoboCop||Expect a few dry spins|
|8 Bonus features|
|Medium variance slots that pays big|
|Free spins modes with wilds and 5x multipliers|
|Relatively easy to get 5 of a kind symbols|
Where to play?
Playtech’s RoboCop is a medium variance video slot with 25 paylines, 5 reels and pays a top non-progressive jackpot of 2,500 coins. The game is based on the Hollywood classic film of 1987 with lead actor Peter Weller as the RoboCop, Alex Murphy. The reels can be spun from 25 pence and playable on PC desktops and mobile phones for real cash or for free at our playtech casinos.
So, what makes this slot game tick? It has a cool 8 bonus features of which 4 are randomly triggered during the main game in conjunction with dispersed wilds, a 3×3 ED-209 big wild that appears on the 3 centre reels, multipliers of 2x and a Pick Me’ game.
In addition there’s a ‘Feature Menu’ that enables you to play ‘beefed up’ base game features. The free spins feature awards 10 free spins with random wilds, there’s an ED-209 big wild tagged to 5 free spins and 15 free spins offer 2x multipliers further enhanced by a ‘Pick Me’ game with multipliers of 5x.
The graphics are sublime and against the backdrop of the reels you’ll see a futuristic Delta City. Paying symbols on the reels are cards from Jack to Ace, car, RoboCop, firearm, Officer Anne Lewis (Nancy Allen) and Dick Jones (Ronny Cox). The wild symbol pays a top cash prize of 100x (2,500 coins) your stake for 5. The second biggest payout belongs to RoboCop, 5 of them at the maximum wager pays 1,000 coins. RoboCop offers a theoretical return to player payout percentage (RTP) of 96.2%.
The coin range is £0.01 up to £1.00. The higher your coin range the more cash you’ll bet per spin, before you start playing make sure you select the right coin range. To gain the maximum out of the slots play with all 25 paylines activated. The smallest stake per spin is 25 pence up to £25. I find that the game pays well at the highest stake per spin which will be convenient to high staked players.
Did I say that the game has a bunch of bonus modes (8)? Yes I did. The scatter symbol is the RoboCop Detroit Police Badge, it’s responsible for triggering the bonus features. During the main game there are 4 bonus modes which are triggered randomly. Here they are:
- The Shootout Spin: On random reel positions wild symbols are dispersed by Robocop’s firearm.
- Robot Attack Spin: The ED-209 big wild shoots up on the reels.
- Line-Up Spin: 2 Different multipliers enhance winning paylines.
- OCP Bonus: Cash prizes are won every time you pick a symbol whilst entering the OCP offices.
Let’s just circle back to RoboCop’s Detroit Police Badge (scatter) quickly. The moment it pops up on reels 1, 3 and 5 a menu with 4 distinct bonus features opens up:
- Shootout Free Games: 10 Free spins with random wilds is awarded.
- Robot Attack Free Spins: 5 Free spins along with the ED-209 big wild (3×3 size) is added to reels 2, 3 and 4 on every free spin.
- Line-Up Free Games: 15 Free spins is awarded with 2x multipliers (all wins are doubled).
- OCP Mega Bonus: Here you will enter the OCP offices, you must pick 3 of the same characters that has 4 different levels. Upon completion of a level you’ll receive a cash prize. Winnings are boosted by multipliers of 5x and wilds.
Two things I can say about Playtech’s RoboCop medium variance slots with absolute certainty: It’s highly entertaining and it pays surprisingly well both during the main game and bonus modes. Wins are taken to the next level when the ED-209 3×3 wild appears.
Of the free spins features the ‘Robot Attack’ is the most lucrative, it only awards 5 free spins but when those multipliers and wilds kick in wins can be astronomical. Another snippet worth mentioning is that 5 of a kind symbols appear often.Click to collect: 100% up to £500 signup bonus