When it comes to wagering online simplicity often belies complexity. Internet casino games aren’t just odd little complexities, they can and will take your money if you don’t know what you’re doing.
Instead of choosing a game that offers a payback of 98% you chose a game that only pays back 91%. In cases like this you’re giving more money to the casino than you should.
How To Get More Bang For Your Buck
I’m an avid player and without sounding presumptuous I know what I’m talking about. I’ve been in the online casino business for more than a decade. I made some really silly mistakes along the way, but I’ve learned from them. I’m not saying my advice is always the best but it’s based on hard-fought lessons. Here are some important key notes you need to remember next time you play at an internet casino:
On the face of things it looks rather easy but it’s not. Because online gambling is done from the very comfort of your own home you must be vigilant and exercise discipline at all times. Cyber gaming is a solitary experience and there’s no one to tell you when to stop if you gambled for prolonged hours or if you wagered too much money. If you want to be a more successful player than you are now stick to these principles. It’s free and easy to learn.
Any system that tells you to do ”this” or ”that” is fundamentally flawed. As human beings we’re imperfect, mistakes will be made, the sooner you accept this the better. This is part of life and also part of the gaming experience especially in cyber space.
1. Know-How: One can say this is the ”learning curve”. You must know which game to pick, understand its game rules and payout. It’s not only understanding the game you’re playing but learning to know yourself in the process. Players often get caught up in the moment as a result they end up losing. Learning will have a positive impact on your play, your life and how you approach cyber gaming every time you visit an online casino.
2. Patience: This is what separates the good players from the bad ones. I’m surprised how upset people can get when they don’t win. They get upset when they don’t trigger the slots machine’s bonus round or the jackpot. I’ve read an article where a player won the $3 million progressive jackpot in a Las Vegas casino. When someone interviewed him he was angry. The interviewer asked him ”why are you so angry you’re supposed to be elated”. His terse response was that the jackpot was $12 million the previous week. If this is the type player you are then you’re not a patient one. A patient player sets achievable win goals. Patience is not a skill neither is it a science either you’re born with it or you’re not.
The first trick of becoming a patient player is to learn from past mistakes. I normally take notes while I’m playing. If I made a mistake I write it down. Successful players know that losing is part of gambling. If you experience a losing streak, stop playing and give it a crack again tomorrow. With a clearer perspective the pendulum of overall probability might swing in your favor. Patience is being able to react to a situation without overreacting to it.
The biggest mistake players often make is that they’ve already written of their gambling money before they placed the first bet. If you play with this mindset you already lost. You’ll play recklessly with no regard for the value of money. Some say ”they don’t care because they’re playing for fun.” These are the bread and butter players to the casinos. Your bankroll is your life line and it must be treated as such. When you start playing, play smaller stakes. If your budget is $200 wager $0.5 per spin and not $10. Not only will you stretch your dollars but you’ll have a good time too.
4. Choose Wisely: This is the ”skill” part. Many players still believe that gambling is based purely on luck. I can assure you that this is not the case. To be a successful player you must understand the game rules, type of game you wish to play, wager selection, payout table of the game, payout percentage, bankroll size and when to stop playing.
5. Discipline: Of all the keys to winning this is the most difficult one of them all. Disciplined players win more often than they lose. Discipline means that you must be a real miser with your money and you must know when to stop playing. However, playing with ”scared” money is also not a good thing. To win you must play aggressively with a decent bankroll that justifies your level of action. If you decide to play Betsoft’s Under The Bed 3D slots: set your budget aside, consult the pay table, decide how much cash you want to bet and how long you want to play.
6. Winning: You must have a win goal in mind. What exactly does it entail? This is a realistic expectation based on your expertise, stake per session and how long you intend on playing. Most online bettors work on a 13 to 28 percent win goal over and above the session stake. This depends on the game, its payback, the online casino and the software. Internet gambling sites offer players a better return because they’re open 24/7, 365 days per year and their running costs are not as high as land-casinos.
When you play I suggest you consult the log of all your sessions. Luckily most online casinos provide this information free of charge. It allows you to keep track of how much cash you’ve won or lost on specific games. You can then determine how you played and modify your goals if need be. Your win expectation should be 20% over and above your current bankroll. If you can achieve this consistently then you’ve become a disciplined and responsible player.
I’m old school, me. I began the internet when all I had was a 28.8k modem and to load a website with a lot of pictures then I had to wait at least five minutes. Hell, songs woul...