Many online casinos are seen as entertainment centers. They want you to leave their sites with fond memories and fantastic game time. In this article I’m going to explain exactly what a penny slots machine is and how to make the maximum cash from them.
What exactly is a penny slots? They’re often dubbed the nickel machines and one of the biggest money makers for the casino industry. It’s all about winning more, playing longer and losing less. Ultimately you want to prolong your playing time at the casino by winning loads of cash. I know it’s easier said than done.
Why Smart Play Is Often Rewarded
As a player I don’t just always gamble for fun I also want to win some cash while I’m at it. When playing an online slots how do I get more bang for my hard-earned buck? Let’s put it this way. If you had a choice of playing for 15 minutes or one hour which one will you choose? Obviously you’ll say an hour.
Next time you play a penny slots keep the following tips in mind:
- Prolong your game play: Strictly speaking when playing your sole aim is to play longer. Normally when players extend their playing time with the same bankroll they started out they’re winning money. Which equals losing less, having more fun and playing longer. The longer you play the better your chances of triggering the bonus games.
- Don’t be hasty: Online slot machines don’t have handles. You simply press or click the spin button. As such they’re being played at a rapid pace. Every spin costs money and should be a conscious decision. If you tend to play fast listen to the game’s audio before you make the next spin. Back in the day the biggest money earners for the casinos were the table games, not any more this honor now belongs to slot machines.
- Player club (VIP): The more bets you place the more comps you accumulate. Once you’ve accrued a certain amount of ‘comps’ you can exchange them for cash. A comp is an abbreviation for complimentary. Many players are under the impression that only high rollers earn them. Luckily this is not true. There are different levels of comps depending on the amount of cash you’ve wagered. Internet casinos like Casino Extreme award 1 comp for every $10 wagered.
- Don’t risk your cash: If you can’t afford to gamble then don’t. Gambling is considered a cash business. Or if you experienced a bad session walk away and play another day.
- Gambling with the house’s money: If you experienced a nice win you’ll always be tempted to play everything you’ve won back into the casino. If you had a nice winning streak, there are 3 things you must do: If you’re up by 50% cash out and play with the rest. Add the cash to your next gambling session or you can cash out completely.
- Payout percentage: When you hear about a slots with a high return to the player (RTP) of 97% most players think that the slots pays out this much on every spin. If I put $100 into the machine I’ll get back $97. Had this been the case most online casinos would have been out of business already. This is how it works. The casino calculates the 97% on the lifetime of the machine. Chances are pretty good that all the combinations listed in the pay table will be hit. When calculating the payout on a machine the casino adds up millions of spins including the jackpots. They then reach the total payout of 97%. The machine will never pay out 97% consistently. Law compels operators to advertise that the machine pays 97% back to the player.
Multiple Pay Lines
Modern slots machines have multiple paylines which increases your chances of winning something. The developers of slots combine patterns to create a total of 9, 15, 20, 30 or even 50 lines. Unlike the older reel machines the new virtual slot machine pays off on all winning pay lines.
Most online slots have 25 paylines. If you want to play all 25 lines, then the ”penny” machine will cost you $0.30 for each spin per line. If you are playing two units then it’s costing you $0.60. Five unites will set you back $1.50 per spin. Always start off by playing one unit per pay line. Never wager more than 5 units per spin.
The usual denominations for a penny slots machine is normally $0.01, $0.02, $0.05 and $0.10. A quarter machine’s denominations might be $0.25, $0.50 and $1.00. And a dollar machine’s denomination starts with $1.00, $2.00 up to $5.00.
In summary. Before you play make sure you’re relaxed, mentally comfortable and hydrated. Select the maximum number of paylines and select the right coin range. Gambling should be seen as entertainment, take your time and if you lost 50% of your bankroll stop playing.