When it comes to playing at online casinos winning a progressive jackpot slots is the ultimate gambling experience. This is exactly what happened to a very fortunate player on the 25th of November, this date will be etched in his memory for as long as he lives.
A 32 year old player from Norway decided to play a few spins on Yggdrasil’s Empire Fortune on his mobile phone. The last thing he expected was to win the top jackpot of €1,117,443! Earlier this year Empire Fortune paid out a whopping €5.2 million and it shares the progressive jackpot pool with Joker Millions.
Get 50 Free Spins With No Wagering Requirements
CEO of Yggdrasil, Fredrik Elmqvist had the following to say about the player’s spectacular win: “Our jackpot pools have been very generous of late and it’s great to see one of our players winning a life-changing sum of money on Empire Fortune. Our progressive jackpots have now paid out almost €10m in their last three drops, but with their popularity, I’ve no doubt there’ll be paying out big wins again soon.”
”Yggdrasil’s games are perfectly tailored towards our players who love the combination of life-changing Jackpots and innovative gameplay.” Andy Broughton Braithwaite
What’s of particular interest to us is that both Yggdrasil progressive slot jackpots were won on mobile phones this year (2017).
Synopsis Empire Fortune
Empire Fortune online slots has 3 distinct progressive jackpots and 4 bonus games (Free Spins and Bonus Wheel). It has 5 reels, 10 paylines and a theoretical return to player percentage (RTP) of 95.5%. The smallest stake per spin is 10 pence up to £100.
The free spins bonus mode is played when 3 or more scatter free spins logos appear any position on the reels. It’s a progressive free spins meaning that the more scatters that picth the more free spins will be awarded:
Hit 3 scatters and you’ll pocket 10 free spins with 2x multiplier wins.
When 4 scatters pitch you’ll get 20 free spins with multiplier wins of 4x.
Should 5 scatters appear not only win you’ll receive a cool 30 free spins but the multiplier wins attached to them will be 10x.
The Jackpot Wheel is initiated by 3 or more bonus symbols. A new screen opens up, you’ll see a golden cake with a ruby on top of it. Your job here is to spin the wheel which will reveal the cash prize or free spins you’ll win:
- The cash prize ranges from 4x up to 250x your stake.
- Re-spins that pays 2x to 50x your wager.
- 30 Free spins can be won with a multiplier of 10x.
- Mystery cash prize that allows you to pocket 25x up to 500x your stake.
For your added convenience Yggdrasil added another interesting feature to Empire Fortune-when 3, 6 or 12 rockets blast into the Jackpot Wheel they can hit any of the three progressive jackpots.
Strategy Empire Fortune Progressive Jackpot Slots
The size of the progressive jackpot is built every time a player plays it, Empire Fortune belongs to Yggdrasil’s network or pool if it pays it’s a life-changing amount. Once the jackpot is won it’s reset again.
Think twice before you play an ”Independent” progressive jackpot, they’re not linked to a progressive pool as a result their payouts are not near as big. When playing a progressive jackpot always bet the maximum amount of credits. Players who normally play progressives are high-rollers, the staff at the casino often describe the amount of cash they wager as ”mad money”.
Since it’s a progressive jackpot we recommend you play Empire Fortune with a bankroll of at least £500 at a minimum bet of £2 or more. Triggering the free spins takes around 150 plus spins which will cost you around £300. This is just a conservative estimate it might be more or less.
Once the free spins feature is triggered being a progressive slots we firmly believe that you’ll be able to recoup the money you’ve spend to trigger it. We’ve excluded base game wins because it fluctuates a lot.
Tips That Will Help You
1. Do due diligence on a progressive slots before you play it, in other words check how many times it paid out within a certain period. In the case of Empire Fortune it paid out twice this year giving it a reasonably hit ratio.
2. Read the Paytable or Help Screen, it tells you how much each symbol is worth and how its in-play bonus features can be triggered.
3. Ask the online casino if it offers a bonus to progressive jackpot players. A bonus is a nice addition to your bankroll and it increases your playing time at the casino. Just make sure that the bonus terms are not excessive.
4. All progressive jackpot wins MUST be paid out in full! If the online casino pays wins in installments never play there, it’s best to send customer support an email before you deposit.
5. Record the results of the spins you made on the slots, this gives you an idea about its payout frequency and which percentage of your bet is allocated towards the jackpot. It also helps you to determine the game’s edge to the house (HE).
6. Only play the amount you can afford to lose no matter how big the jackpot is.