When I hear about the payouts certain Net Entertainment progressive slots jackpots paid out in the past my jaw literally hits the ground. I did a bit of research to see which country has the most progressive jackpot winners and what came up truly amazed me.
According to Betsson, an online casino that primarily focuses on the Scandinavian market, approximately 81.5% of the winners of NetEnt’s progressive jackpots are from Nordic countries (Denmark, Sweden, Norway and Finland). Outside of the Nordic region (still within the European Union) 16.9% are progressive winners, the rest of Europe it’s 0.5% and the rest of the world it’s 1.2%. (courtesy Casinomeister.com).
Scandinavia has roughly 4% of the total European population yet it contains 31% of the market share or a ratio of 5:1. This tells me one of two things, either Scandinavians are compulsive gamblers or they’re extremely lucky. I’m more inclined to go with the latter one.
However, there are many UK and Dutch players that became mega-millionaires when they won NetEnt progressive jackpot prizes. As a matter of fact the UK is short on the heels of Scandinavia when it comes to progressive winners. To the best of my knowledge Belgium (Mega Fortune Dreams) produced one progressive winner and Portugal (Mega Fortune) one. In this article I’m going to give you some tips and strategy how to play another cracking NetEnt progressive, Arabian Nights.
Paying symbols that grace the reels are the camel, a sword, a fez (cap), cards from 9 to King, shoes and tent. The symbol that offers the top cash prize is the wild, 5 of them pays 10,000 coins at the maximum stake per spin.
With 10 paylines, 5 reels and an average return to player percentage of 95.6% Arabian Nights is one of the most played progressives on the NetEnt jackpot network. It has a medieval Arabian theme and can be played from just £5 per spin. The game has a free spins feature that offers up to a respectable 30 free spins with 3x multiplier wins. The free spins is initiated by 3 Aladdin’s lamp scatter symbols.
Central to Arabian Nights is its progressive jackpot, after all this is why players play it to have a shot at that life-changing win. The jackpot is won when 5 Arabian Nights symbols pitch. The last time the jackpot was won was on the 3rd of March 2014. It paid out a smashing €3,332,981 or close to £2.75 million, making it the biggest cash prize ever won on this slots. At the time of writing the jackpot was ticking away at €366,5325.41.
First of all when playing a progressive there’s no fooling around, you either play it to win the jackpot or you don’t. I fancied my changes with £200 since I felt lucky, after all what are the odds of me winning it-one in 5 million? Then again if I’m lucky I’ll be wealthy given that the jackpot stood at £360k plus. 200 Quid is not going to get me an awful amount of spins (40) given that my average stake per spin was £5. To gain the most from the jackpot select all 10 paylines.
‘‘Three Lamps (Scatter) which has great paying ability as it can pay back up to 500 times of your total bet plus it activates the free spins mode.”
My main aim was to trigger the free spins feature as quickly as possible (wishful thinking I know) since 3 or more scatters offers a decent win and they award 15 free spins with 3x multipliers. It might sound like a shot too far but this was the goal I had in mind.
Base game is really nothing to write home about the biggest win I had here was a lousy £4. Unfortunately I knew from the onset that £200 was not going to go the distance and after 43 spins my cash dried up like dew before the morning sun. At least I gave it a go but what more can one expect from a high variance progressive slots of this caliber.
Now, the big question, how do I increase my chances at winning this progressive?
1. Unlike me who played with a bankroll of £200 you need a bankroll of at least £1,000 (200 spins), some folk might disagree with me on this one but it gives you a reasonable chance, that or you must be an incredible lucky player. I heard stories about high rollers that threw £10,000 plus at the game and managed to double their cash. In other words they triggered the free spins feature with those 3x multipliers. It’s a volatile game so be prepared to part ways with your cash sooner than later or win the jackpot-in for a penny or in for a pound, hope it makes sense.
2. There are a few UK online casinos that offer match bonuses to new players to play progressive slots. My advise to you is use them! Not only do they increase your bankroll but they improve your odds at hitting the jackpot too. However, before you accept the bonus make sure that the wagering requirement (WR) attached to it is within the industry standard (40xb) and that all progressive wins are paid out in one sum. The last thing you want is to win the progressive and the casino pays your wins in monthly installments until the full amount is settled (https://casinowhizz.com/uk-online-casinos/leo-vegas-casino-review/).
”I keep an eye out for the big progressives and I only play them when they get to that point where they usually burst.”
3. Only play progressive slots at accredited casinos that are licensed by the British Gambling Commission or in Malta. Operators licensed here will pay you should you win. Also, if the casino refuses to pay a legitimate win they’ll investigate the matter on your behalf.
4. All progressive jackpots are random so there’s no way you can predict if it’s going to pay or not. It can pay on your very first spin or on the 100th spin.
5. If you can’t afford to play a progressive slots then don’t. They are highly volatile because of the life-changing cash prizes they offer.
6. Out of all the progressive slots out there I still think NetEnt’s Mega Fortune is the best one of the lot: https://casinowhizz.com/mega-fortune-tips-strategy-win.
7. Always play progressives at the end of your gaming session not when your start playing. By doing this you’ll always have some cash left to play them.
In summary. Arabian Nights differs from most progressives since the minimum/maximum bet per spin is £5 and it’s a money gobbler to boot (like all of them). When I played the game my first aim, aside from winning the jackpot was to see if I could trigger the free spins with the amount of spins (40) I had at my disposal. Long story short it was not to be and I ran out of cash after 40 odd spins. To give yourself a semblance of a chance the game must be played with a sizeable bankroll.
Tips and smart strategy on how to win microgamings’ mega moolah slot jackpot. When it comes to playing a progressive jackpot slots it’s imperative that you get your ...