Whether you play at online casinos. Table Games or Slots or in land-based settings the fundamental rules of gambling remain the same. To become a successful player requires a lot of discipline and knowledge. In this article I’m going to share some valuable tips with you that stood me in good stead over the years.
1. Always pay your gambling debts. If you made a bet with a fellow gambler and you’ve lost, pay up.
2. Losing is part and parcel of the industry. If you think that you’re always going to win when gambling; either you’re not a serious gambler or you have a warped perception of the industry. No matter how good you understand the odds, the rules of a specific game or when to go all in-you’ll always end of losing. Las Vegas was built on the back of gamblers losing millions. As the old saying goes: ”The house always wins.”
3. Don’t trust your gut feeling. If you’re a gambler that trusts your gut feeling, I have news for you and it ain’t good. Never trust your gut feeling. If you want to maximize your chances of winning, study the game rules and odds.
4. Never gamble more than you can lose. Before you start playing at an online casino set the amount of cash you wish to wager aside and stick to it. If you like playing slots machines study the game beforehand. Is it a low or high variance slots, does it have a bonus round, scatters or wild substitutions? Set your coin domination so that it fits your bankroll. For example, if your bankroll is $200 don’t wager $50 per bet. Instead, wager 50 cents per bet. Not only will you prolong your playing time at the casino but you’ll have a great time too.
5. Read the bonus terms. If it’s your first time gambling online and the casino offers you a sign on bonus just for pitching, read its terms first. So many players blindly accept a bonus without even doing this. Even though the operator labels it as free money, it’s not. Each bonus has a certain amount of play-through attached to it that must be completed first before any winnings can be cashed out.
6. Don’t make side bets. If you like playing at your local casino never make any side bets. Pro gamblers regard side bets as sucker bets. What are side bets? It’s a bet over and above the main bet. If you can’t spot the sucker at the table within 5 minutes, you’re the sucker!
7. Always tip. Dealers at casinos don’t earn much. More often then not a tip should be based on good service. If you don’t tip the dealer it’s considered stealing from the dealer.
8. Always have good manners when you’re gambling. A little etiquette can go a long way. When you play poker and you experienced a bad loss congratulate your opponent. It’s a lot more fun when players respect and are polite to each other.
9. Disregard betting systems. If only I had a dime every time someone contacted me to try out a new betting system, I’d be a millionaire by now. There are so many snake oil salesman trying to sell worthless betting systems. Just remember no betting system, no matter how good can beat the house.
10. Don’t hedge your bets. They always carry a high house edge. If blackjack is your game never take insurance on it. Also, never bet on the number seven in craps.
I’ve often been asked about strategies when it comes to playing online slots machines. Is there such a thing? There might just be. By and large online slots are passive ga...